Re: [O] org-export raises stringp nil error

From: joakim
Subject: Re: [O] org-export raises stringp nil error
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 10:15:07 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Leo Liu <address@hidden>
>> Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 15:16:57 +0800
>> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden,
>>      Lele Gaifax <address@hidden>
>>
>> Bundling [org-mode] in emacs doesn't help anybody.
>
> You never had to work for an organization whose network is closed to
> outside world, did you?  In those situations, using package.el to
> seamlessly fetch unbundled packages is impossible, which makes
> building a full and functional Emacs a pain if important packages are
> left out of the bundle.

Just a small reminder of the idea Stefan sometimes drops in these
discussions:
- Emacs "trunk" could be stripped of all but the bare essentials to
achieve bootstrap.
- distribution tarballs could be made from trunk+elpa.

Since I dont do releases for Emacs I dont get to have an opinion on the
matter, but if pressed, I would say this idea has considerable merit.

--
Joakim Verona