Re: [O] Meaning of install

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: [O] Meaning of install
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 10:11:31 +0100

Am 13.03.2013 09:43, schrieb Bastien:
Hi Andreas,

Andreas Röhler <address@hidden> writes:

BTW would welcome some hints how to proceed when bug-fixing, extending etc. I.e.
installing that stuff right on probably isn't preferable.

Can you be more specific?  What information do you want, where do
you search for it, what did you find, what did you not find?

There is a lot of information on Worg, which is open to contributions.

Trying to load it from the git-repo, not sure it that works correctly.

Well, we can't really help you with so little information :/

Find the http://orgmode.org/worg/dev/index.html, that's good :)

http://orgmode.org/worg/doc.html helpful in general, okay.

But how to setup up a developing environment?

http://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-build-system.html tells

Org can be run directly from sources,...

that's all I see here.

However, loading the sources seems to have some edges.
At least didn't arrive to do it in a reliable, predictable way,
i.e. after loading several files explicitely, tests show different result.

Derive from that, load was not complete.

Any recommendation which make commands to run here?

Thanks,

Andreas