Re: [O] two-way sync org agenda/ical

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] two-way sync org agenda/ical
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 18:35:12 +0100

David Engster <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric S. Fraga writes:
>> Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

>>> It's a wiki, be *bold* :)
>>
>> Actually, given the recent announcement regarding the removal of
>> caldav
>> support from Google's calendar service, I think it's best to leave
>> the
>> page as it is until things settle down.
>
> FWIW, I agree.
>
> But I think it would be good to have a page listing free alternatives
> for Google Calendar (free as in speech, not necessarily free of charge
> when it comes to hosting), and how to use those with Org and
> Android. On
> such a page, org-caldav would fit very well. I currently do not have
> time to write something up, though.

Here's a start:

* CalDAV
  From [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caldav][Wikipedia]]
#+BEGIN_QUOTE
Calendaring Extensions to WebDAV, or CalDAV, is an Internet standard
allowing a client to access scheduling information on a remote server.
#+END_QUOTE

** CalDAV calendars on Android
  [[https://f-droid.org/][F-Droid]], a repository of free software for
  Android phones, currently offers the
  [[http://www.acal.me/wiki/Main_Page][aCal]] application for using
  CalDAV. There also exists some proprietary clients which works with
  the calendar application shipped with Android.

  More detailed information can be found on the
  [[http://wiki.davical.org/w/CalDAV_Clients/Android][DAViCal wiki]].

** Free CalDAV servers:
  The following free program may be used as CalDAV servers.  They will usually

  - [[http://radicale.org/][Radical]] :: A Simple Calendar and Contact Server
  - [[http://baikal-server.com/][Baïkal]] :: Lightweight CalDAV+CardDAV server
  - [[http://www.davical.org/][DAViCal]] :: A CalDAV Store (server).
  - OpenCloud :: Should support CalDAV and CardDAV
  - SoGo :: Should support CalDAV and CardDAV

** CalDAV providers using free software

m-mm-mmm-mmmm bacon!