Re: [O] python sessions

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: [O] python sessions
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 08:08:17 +0100

Am 20.03.2013 01:04, schrieb John Hendy:
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Gary Oberbrunner <address@hidden> wrote:
I must be failing to understand something.  I'm running Emacs 24.3 on
Windows, with latest trunk org-mode.  I can't get python functions to
persist across blocks in session mode.  Here's my foo.org:

===============

* My Document
#+BEGIN_SRC python :exports results :results output :session
def foo(x):
   return x+1
print "hi"
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: hi

#+BEGIN_SRC python :exports results :results output :session
print foo(100)
print "bye"
#+END_SRC

========================

In session mode, shouldn't foo be defined in the second python block?  When
I export this, I get "NameError: name 'foo' is not defined"

I may be doing something wrong, because if I name my python session, I never
see a buffer of that name, and I expected to.  Any help?

--
Gary

You should probably post your babel configuration from .emacs. This
works for me (mostly). I'm using python 3.3

Hi John,

let's point out though that matter is not at stake.
As the OP got output, system Python must be a 2...

Best,

Andreas

 and so the print function
has changed to requiring parentheses. I can switch to a buffer called
*Python*, however, and =print("hi")= works fine.

If I change to =print(foo(100))=, I get 101 in the #+RESULTS block.

It's probably got something to do with your setup; taking a look at
your config should help others help you out.

Best regards,
John