Re: [O] Changing '_archive' extension to allow Easy PG encryption: "_arc

From: 'Mash (Thomas Herbert)
Subject: Re: [O] Changing '_archive' extension to allow Easy PG encryption: "_archive.gpg"?
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 09:18:04 +0000

On 2013-03-19 08:20-0400, Nick Dokos wrote:
> 'Mash (Thomas Herbert) <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Morning,
> >
> > I wanted to know how I would change the default '_archive' extension?
> >
> > I work with encrypted org files "foo.gpg" with Easy PG and the
> > added header...
> >
> > # -*- mode: org; epa-file-encrypt-to: ("address@hidden") -*-
> >
> > But today I discovered that when I archive my TODO items they are of
> > course saved unencrypted to the archive file "foo.gpg_archive".
> >
> > This really is not ideal situation!
> >
> > I tried adding my header to the "_archive" file but this doesn't work, I
> > assume because the extension is not ".gpg".
> >
> > Any ideas how would I change the default "_archive" extension to
> > "_archive.gpg" or better setup a case where it would change the
> > extension only if the org file is ".gpg" to begin with?
> >
> > I suppose could also look to setup a case for Easy PG to work with a
> > different extension, but would prefer to define the change for
> > org-mode instead.
> >

> C-h v org-archive-<TAB> gives some idea of the variables that are there.
>
> org-archive-location is what you need to change in order to add the .gpg
> suffix.
>
> I have no idea however, whether that's enough to allow you to do what
> you want to do.
>
> Nick

Nick, thanks.

For those who are interested.

I got this to work by amending my "foo.gpg" header line to...

# -*- mode: org; epa-file-encrypt-to: ("address@hidden") -*-
#+ARCHIVE: %s_archive.gpg::

Then I had to amend my "foo.gpg_archive.gpg" header to...

# -*- mode: org; epa-file-encrypt-to: ("address@hidden") -*-

This then allowed automatic encryption without me having to 'select recipient
for encryption', etc.

Thanks again,

'Mash