Re: [O] [BUG] ob-sql.el: probably an extra paren

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] ob-sql.el: probably an extra paren
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 18:31:33 +0100

Hello Yagnesh,

Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <address@hidden> writes:

> We can use travis-ci for automated tests, I just run tests for org-mode¹ on
> travis
> with emacs-snapshot. Magit has been setup recently to run tests for multiple
> emacs versions² (emacs23, emacs24 and snapshot). travis has a facility to send
> mails if a test fails.

Great!

> I see you have org-mode repo on your github account, all we need to do put a
> post recieve hook to mirror org-mode repo to github.
>
> we can adopt magit script³ to org-mode as it won't be synced to emacs
> trunk.
>
> what do you think?

I think this would be *fantastic*.  I have no time for this at the
moment, but anyone willing to help setting this up would be my hero.

Really :)

This is efficient and not intrusive.

To give another argument about why I think a pre-push hook on the
developer's side is wrong, imagine this scenario:

- developer A pushes a commit, all tests pass
- developer B works on latest HEAD assuming all tests pass
- he wants to push his commits but the tests fail
- he naturally thinks it's a problem with *his* changes
- ... but it is not ...
- M-x doctor RET

This happened for real: recently some tests passed under Emacs <24.3
but failed under Emacs >=24.3.  If we had a pre-push hook, I would not
even be able to push the fix, I would have to deactive the hook first.

Best,

--
 Bastien