Re: [O] Export a Subtree to an other .org file

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Export a Subtree to an other .org file
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 15:35:20 -0500

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Steve Prud'Homme <address@hidden> wrote:
> Message :
> No command associated with key  ^S

Bastien's response was for the new exporter and your C-e 1 command
indicates you're not using that version yet. I'm on the new exporter,
so I can't recall what old options looked like, but from the manual
could you try ASCII?
-
http://orgmode.org/manual/ASCII_002fLatin_002d1_002fUTF_002d8-export.html#ASCII_002fLatin_002d1_002fUTF_002d8-export

Perhaps you could just export that to a buffer and then save as *.org
instead of the default export format of .txt?

As an alternative, would it take about the same amount of time to fold
the headline and do =C-space C-e M-w C-x C-f ~/path/to/file.org RET
C-y C-x C-s= ?

That would just copy, yank, and save your desired subtree into a new
org file. Not sure what your intentions are, though, so maybe that's
too laborious.

Best regards,
John

P.S. If you're interested in upgrading: http://orgmode.org/worg/org-8.0.html