Re: [O] converting people to Emacs and org-mode

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] converting people to Emacs and org-mode
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 10:16:47 +0200

* Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> wrote:

> Personally I think, any attempts at conversion is futile.

I agree only for cases, where the person does not have issues with
the current editor/workflow.

> Just like real religion, choosing an editor is an immensely
> personal decision if editing text (in whatever form, source code,
> or prose) is a major part of your day.

>From my experience, I do have to disagree in this point. *Most*
people do not care at all, which editor they are using. Most people
did not spend a reasonable time on the decision which tools they are
using. The issue for most people is that there is a change of
habits, not a change of editor.

Only a small percentage of people really do care about a specific
product.  The others are happy to switch in case they see a certain
amount of benefits.

Without any proper set of benefits, it's a religious war, I agree.
In case of Emacs, there is *always* a proper set of benefits if you
are willing to learn this monster IMHO :-)

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github