[O] why is 'no' the default value of :tangle

From: Guido Van Hoecke
Subject: [O] why is 'no' the default value of :tangle
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 09:18:10 +0200

Hi,

I am wondering why the default value of header argument :tangle is 'no'
rather than 'yes'.

Back to google-calendar.org as an example.

Is it normal that whomever wants to use the embedded elisp file needs
to edit the source and e.g. insert a '#+PROPERTY: tangle yes'?

It is clear that this file will need to be tangled by every single
person that wants to use the embedded code, so should the default not
allow for tangling without having the edit the input file?

There are probably some very valid reasons why the default is 'no'
rather than 'yes'. Please enlighten me.

Respectfully,

Guido

--
The older I grow, the more I distrust the
familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom.