Re: [O] phone links...

From: Michael Strey
Subject: Re: [O] phone links...
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 10:14:41 +0200

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 07:25:38AM -0500, Robert P. Goldman wrote:

[...]

> The reason I am reluctant to adopt tel: is that that would suggest we
> should adopt the phone number syntax of RFC 3966. I confess that I
> haven't slogged my way through it, nor am I likely to have time to in
> the near future....

[...]

> What do you all think? Am I being too fussy?

Yes ;-)

Honestly, using the `tel:' syntax doesn't require to adopt the complete
RFC 3966.  Your syntax rules can be more strict than those of RFC 3966
and nontheless phone numbers in the resulting org files will be
interpretable by all other systems that are able to do sensible things
of the RFC 3966 syntax (in particular MobileOrg).

Moreover my filtering function addresses at least some aspects of RFC
3966 allowing phone numbers like

     [[tel:(0351) 412 95-35]]
     [[tel:+49 351/412-95-35]]
     [[tel:+493514129535]]