Re: [O] OT: Android, external HW-keyboard and Emacs

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] OT: Android, external HW-keyboard and Emacs
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 10:56:21 +0100

Karl Voit <address@hidden> writes:

> * Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Although I'm using MobileOrg more and more, I'm only using it for
>> capturing notes.  I really want appointments and everything else
>> as well!
>
> Same here at my side. Next, I want to test the agenda on MobileOrg
> and the feature to show it on the Android calendar. This way, I want
> to get rid of Google more and more which has proven to be not
> reliable at all (dying Reader, dying APIs, ...).

I tried out the sync to calendar option in MobileOrg.  It synced tasks
(i.e. scheduled and deadline entries) but not entries with just active
time stamps which are what I use for appointments.  In my use of org, I
have a clear distinction between tasks and appointments.  I schedule
tasks to days but not times.  Appointments are not tasks as they
disappear whether I attended them or not whereas tasks persist.

I would like active time stamps to appear in my calendar for the "at a
glance" identification of free and busy times and for reminders of when
I need to be somewhere.  I prefer to keep task information in org and
not in my Google calendar so MobileOrg's behaviour is exactly the
opposite of what I wanted unfortunately.

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 and Org release_8.0.1-19-g9655a1