Re: [O] Org-mode documentation within Emacs

From: Xiao-Yong Jin
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode documentation within Emacs
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 22:43:10 +0900

On Apr 24, 2013, at 6:40 PM, Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Sebastien,

Sebastien Vauban writes:

See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2004-10/msg00331.html

I finally managed to make it work using INFOPATH, which is quite painful
to do under OS X. I really don't understand why there isn't a way to do
this from inside emacs configuration files (I tried the
Info-additional-directory-list but it did not work).

I guess you changed the plist of Emacs.app?  That's not really required.  How do you install your emacs?

On my machine, with Emacs.app compiled from bzr source, start it with

$ sh -c "unset INFOPATH && Emacs -Q"

In the scratch buffer,

(getenv "INFOPATH")
nil

(add-to-list 'Info-default-directory-list "~/.emacs.d/org-mode/doc")
("~/.emacs.d/org-mode/doc" "/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/info/" "/usr/share/info/")

(info)
nil

Info-directory-list
("~/.emacs.d/org-mode/doc" "/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/info/" "/usr/share/info/")

So the only thing I need to do is changing `Info-default-directory-list' in my ~/.emacs

You might want to check the above procedure and see what you get.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction,

Alan