Re: [O] link abbreviation with multiple params, e. g. for geo locations

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] link abbreviation with multiple params, e. g. for geo locations
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 19:03:09 +0200

Hi all

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 12:29 AM, Christian Moe <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm afraid knowing that doesn't help much. The problem is, you don't know
> what point the inline call is at, so you cannot point org-entry-get to
> the right entry. If you try
>
> : (org-entry-get (point) "geo")
>
> it will look for a geo property in the outline entry the source block is
> in, not in the entry the call comes from.
>
> I don't know any easy way to pass a parameter to a source block from an
> outline entry property via an inline call in that entry. Others may know
> better.

After some trials it seemed to me that it is enough to just add a "loc
(point-marker)" to a "let" of org-babel-ref-resolve. Now when the Lisp
variable loc ("Location Of Call") is used as the first argument of
org-entry-get it reads the property from that entry where the code
block has been called. With this, Babel perfectly covers every
requirement of my use case described earlier in this thread.

Please review and comment my attached patch containing doc and ERT.

Michael