Re: [O] Exporting output and graphics from R

From: SabreWolfy
Subject: Re: [O] Exporting output and graphics from R
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 12:13:49 +0000 (UTC)

Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

> AFAICT, you can't have both at the same time. Do you have a real
> use case for this?

Maybe I'm not using the right tool for the job. I thought it would be useful
to be able to intersperse explanatory text with output:

All crows are black. We know this from looking at crows. I analyzed a
dataset using this code, and produced a graph as follows:

#+BEGIN_SRC R :results graphics :file testout.png :exports both
# load data, analyze, make graph
#+END_SRC

The above analysis shows that all crows are black. A table of observed
results is as follows:

#+BEGIN_SRC R :results
# more R code using the same dataset
# will only work if the dataset is loaded again
#+END_SRC

This can be summarized with the following results:
#+BEGIN_SRC R :results graphics :file testout.png :exports both
# R code plotting another graph and showing another output table
#+END_SRC

My idea is that I would like the R code included for my reference when
reading the document. I would also like the explanatory text, etc. included,
as well as the output and results for the people who will be reading the
document.

Easier just to do it all in LaTeX directly? But then the code is not live,
like it is in Org.