Re: [O] org-list-allow-alphabetical LaTeX export

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] org-list-allow-alphabetical LaTeX export
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 11:23:24 +0200

Dnia 2013-06-06, o godz. 09:11:11
Michael Bach <address@hidden> napisał(a):

> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> >> On 6 jun. 2013, at 10:20, Michael Bach <phaebz <at> gmail.com>
> >> wrote: The LaTeX exporter does not honor the setting of
> >> org-list-allow-
> alphabetical.
> >
> > I think it never did.  Such a list is just an ordered list for
> > export, the
> bullet type is just visual sugar in the Org buffer.
> > To force a special bulllet type, you should use other means
> > (literal
> LaTeX).  For example:

> > * test
> >
> > 1. skfkshafkj
> > 2. fkjshfksj
> >
> > #+LaTeX: {\renewcommand{\theenumi}{\alph{enumi}}
> >
> > 1. kajsfkjhf
> > 2. fjsfksjhf
> >
> > #+LaTeX: }
> >
> > 1. sss
> > 2. ljhsdfkjh
> >

> Oh, I never saw it handled by the exporter, just a wrong assumption.
> Just out of curiosity, do you think this could be implemented
> 'easily'?

If you mean "easily" on the LaTeX side, then yes, check out the
"enumitem" package.  Example:

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{enumitem}

\begin{document}

\begin{enumerate}[label={Item number \arabic*:}]
\item First.
\item Second.
\end{enumerate}

\end{document}

But definitely check out the docs for that package, it is really good,
and supports much more than this.

> Thanks for clarification and example.
>
> Michael

Hth,