Re: [O] evaluation context in call statements

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] evaluation context in call statements
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 21:21:22 +0200

Rick Frankel writes:
> The arguments to a `#+call' line are evaluated in the context of the
> called block and not the calling block. This seems like a bug to me. For
> example, in the following i would expect the `call' to return "Call" and
> not "Source" as the results:

Tody's your lucky day because Eric just fixed this.  There's a bug with
finding the #+RESULTS line though:

* Babel LOC
** Source
 #+name: message
 #+BEGIN_SRC elisp :var m="foo"
 #+END_SRC

  #+RESULTS: message
  : foo

** Call 1
 #+call: message(m=(nth 4 (org-heading-components)))

 #+RESULTS: message(m=(nth 4 (org-heading-components)))
 : Call 2

** Call 2
 #+call: message(m=(nth 4 (org-heading-components)))

Executing Call#2 will update the #+RESULTS for Call#1 (or actually the
first matching #+RESULTS cookie in the whole document).  I'd think it
should also start looking for the results line from the point of call.
I don't really get why it does this, maybe Eric knows where to look.

Regards,
Achim.