Re: [O] Showing timestamps in agenda items

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [O] Showing timestamps in agenda items
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 10:22:34 -0700

Perhaps this note from my .emacs might help.

;;
;; removing timestamps
;;
;; the variable seems to be completely ignored.  it always
;; removes active timestamps no matter what the setting of this
;; variable is.  it never removes any other timestamps or time
;; specifications.
;;
;; if it is fixed, then i might want it for inactive as beg.
;; with a wide screen it is less important.
;;
;; this does not work for inactive (i tested it) as displayed
;; with the [ ] feature.
;;
;; (setq org-agenda-remove-times-when-in-prefix 'beg)
(setq org-agenda-remove-times-when-in-prefix nil)
;; default is t.
;; (setq org-agenda-remove-times-when-in-prefix t)

On 7/7/13, Bryan Gardiner <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've developed a habit of typing items like this:
>
> * Foo Event <2013-07-07 Sun>..<2013-08-07 Wed>
>
> The effect of this used to be agenda entries that looked like:
>
> Sunday      7 July 2013
>   foo:        Foo Event ..<2013-07-07 Sun>
>
> Saturday    7 August 2013
>   foo:        Foo Event <2013-08-07 Wed>..
>
> It worked great for long, passive events that I only wanted to see
> the beginning and end of, with a terse construct.  Listing many dates
> was great too, only stripping the current date for any appearance in
> the agenda:
>
> * Bar Event <2013-07-08 Mon>,<2013-07-10 Wed>,<2013-07-12 Fri>
>
> Monday      8 July 2013
>   foo:        Bar Event ,<2013-07-10 Wed>,<2013-07-12 Fri>
>
> At some point (I think between 7.8 and 7.9) all dates stopped
> appearing in the description part of agenda lines, so now all that
> shows is:
>
> Sunday      7 July 2013
>   foo:        Some Event ..
>
> This is not as useful, as I could already put dates that I didn't want
> visible on a following line.  I've searched the org-adenda options but
> haven't found a way to affect this behaviour.  I haven't looked at the
> code yet :).  How much effort would it be to do this?  Showing all
> dates in agenda descriptions would be alright too.
>
> My next choice might be to do:
>
> * Foo
> ** Foo starts <2013-07-07 Sun>
> ** Foo ends <2013-08-07 Wed>
>
> But I'm open to other ideas.
>
> Thanks,
> Bryan

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY can get it.

Denmark: free Karina Hansen NOW.