Re: [O] advice needed: how do you guys sync org files between devices?

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] advice needed: how do you guys sync org files between devices?
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 10:26:17 +0200

Xebar,

> its funny you just posted this as of all the excellent responses in this
> thread i was looking into git-annex as a solution. The issue is that im not
> very technical (im an academic not a programmer) and its seems mighty
> complicated. Also in addition git-assistant is currently isnt available for
> windows (which im forced to use at work unfortunately..)

Then, I guess you'd need to build yourself.  And I'd strongly
recommend against that.  The times I've build git annex the outcome
has been fully stochastic, depending on whether the Haskell packages
happen to fit together at that instance in time.

However, have you checked out the Windows support page?

      http://git-annex.branchable.com/todo/windows_support/

> do you know of a good (simple) guide for git-annex? would you mind to
> elaborate more on your complete setup?

Just use the gui (git annex webapp) and go through Joey's page.  He's providing
tutorials.

I'm still having problems with some files that it won't swallow;
because of encoding of file names, I think.

> also do you use it to sync with android?

There's android support but last I checked no fancy gui.

–Rasmus

--
I almost cut my hair, it happened just the other day