Re: [O] Several questions about beamer export

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Several questions about beamer export
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 03:13:00 -0400

Julien Cubizolles <address@hidden> writes:

> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Julien Cubizolles <address@hidden> writes:

>>> * All the headers I add end up on the same line when I define them like
>>>   in the following (even with an empty line).
>>>
>>>  #+LATEX_HEADER_EXTRA: \institute{My Institure}
>>>
>>>  #+LATEX_HEADER:\usepackage{mypackage}
>>>
>>>  The LaTeX file produced is not very readable. How can I produce
>>>  linebreaks between different LATEX_HEADER entriesĀ ?
>>>

>> You need to modify the code to get them: that's probably an omission
>> (ngz will probably respond in much more detail than I can). They are
>> only cosmetic of course, but if you have to have them, you can try
>> adding them in org-beamer-template around line 880:
>>
>>             (concat (plist-get info :latex-header)
>>                     "\n"
>>                     (plist-get info :latex-header-extra)
>>                     "\n"
>>                     (plist-get info :beamer-header-extra)
>>                     "\n")))
>
> Let's make it an improvement suggestion then: getting \usepackage{} and
> \date{} commands mixed in the LaTeX file isn't very nice.
>
>> The problem with this is that the newlines are added even if the
>> various items are empty, so you may end up with more newlines than
>> are necessary.
>
> I'd personally prefer having empty lines instead of everything on the
> same line.

While we are talking about cosmetic whitespace issues, let me also point
out that the default beamer class in ox-beamer contains unnecessary
indentation. Clearly, it's there to make the lisp code look prettier but
it makes the resulting latex code uglier. Should anybody care? Eh, I
don't know... I certainly don't feel strongly about it either way.

--
Nick