Re: [O] Should comments break paragraphs?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] Should comments break paragraphs?
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 17:50:19 +0800

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> There is also a #+begin_annotation block special to ODT export, and
>>> there was some talk about devising a backend-agnostic solution along
>>> those lines for comments that one /does/ want exported.
>>
>> Latex could use a marginpar, and HTML a specially-styled div (an <aside>
>> tag in HTML5) -- seems plausible!
>
> There's already support for inlinetasks in ox-latex and they create
> minipages.  It can easily be altered and different styles could be
> provided.  Users could then select how to translate inlinetasks.
> E.g. marginpars would presumably not work for beamer (although I have
> no idea).

I also thought, glancing at this whole discussion, that inlinetasks were
kind of what everyone was talking about: something that is stuck in the
middle of everything else, that doesn't semantically affect its
surroundings, that can be exported or not. I do think minipages and
margipars are quite semantically distinct, though.

Anyway, inlinetasks have always struck me as a gross hack (how many
stars, again?), and I wasn't actually prepared to code anything myself,
so I thought I'd restrain myself...