Re: [O] $ in paragraph -- footnote problem

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] $ in paragraph -- footnote problem
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 14:50:32 +0200

Hello,

Alan L Tyree <address@hidden> writes:

> I have a paragraph with a $120,000 in it. At any point after the
> $ sign, org will not let me insert a footnote, giving the message
> "Cannot insert a footnote here". Removing the $ allows a footnote, but
> replacing the $ disables it. Adding another currency figure to the
> paragraph changes nothing.
>
> Is this a bug or a problem with my setup?

This is a known limitation of `org-footnote-in-valid-context-p', which
relies on `org-inside-LaTeX-fragment-p' (see its docstring). It should
use `org-inside-complete-LaTeX-fragment-p', which doesn't exist yet[1].

Regards,

[1] Well, there is:

  (memq (org-element-type (org-element-context))
        '(latex-environment latex-fragment))

but this is not an option at the moment.

--
Nicolas Goaziou