Re: [O] org-timeline function missing

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] org-timeline function missing
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 10:02:42 -0400

Gammel Holte <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I've been running org-mode for a while, and I've come across an issue
> that was not present before.
>
> If I open an org file, the org-timeline function is not defined. I can
> only call it once I open an agenda buffer with org-agenda.
>
> This issue is reproducible both under vanilla emacs 24.3, and emacs
> 24.3 + the latest org-mode development version (20130805).
>
> Any indications pointing whether this is a bug or a misconfiguration
> from my side would be much appreciated.

org-timeline is not autoloaded. You can force it by adding

(require 'org-agenda)

to your .emacs.

Whether it *should* be autoloaded is debatable: org-timeline has
weaknesses and although not officially deprecated, should be IMO
best avoided. See Carsten's comments in

   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/39368/focus=39465

--
Nick