Re: [O] Outline cycling does not preserve point's position

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Outline cycling does not preserve point's position
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 22:29:50 +0200

Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> writes:

> Okay agreed there is nothing called "file header", but would be nice to
> skip all the setup stuff (wherever in the file) and get to the
> content.

It's really out of the scope of this function. There are other solutions
to ignore large "file headers", e.g. stuff them in a drawer.

> Apart from this I think I agree with Jambunathan, it would be nice if
> the cursor was at some "reasonable" part of the line (probably at a
> column closest to the column it was on before).  Otherwise, things look
> good already :).

Usual `forward-paragraph' command doesn't do anything fancy with point.
AFAICT, it always ends up at the beginning of a line.

Also, as stated before, beginning of line is good for killing and
yanking.

Nicolas Goaziou