Re: [O] Suggestion: Weektree

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Suggestion: Weektree
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 10:43:26 -0500

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 5:11 AM, Anders Johansson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Greetings,
> It's very nice to keep a journal in a datetree (using the capture mechanism)
> but for my uses it would actually be even more useful to keep it in a
> /weektree/. Something like this:
>
> * 2013
> ** W39 (September 23 - September 29)
> *** 2013-09-23 Monday
> **** note 1
> **** note 2
> *** 2013-09-24 Tuesday
> *** 2013-09-25 Wednesday
> ** W52 (December 23 - December 29)
> *** 2013-09-25 Wednesday
> **** Christmas, no work done.
> * 2014
> ** W1 (December 30 - January 5)
> *** 2013-09-31 Tuesday
> **** New year's eve party!
>
> (with names of months and days localised as usual)

[snip]

Not quite what you want, but I was looking for how to customize the
datetree using a capture template a bit back and made some decent
progress. You might want to check out those threads. All you should
need to do is figure out how to convert a date range (wherever you are
in the current week) to a week number and then supply the
supplementary start/stop days for the week in parentheses.

I think I did have issues capturing to a non-existing top level tree;
as in I think I had to pre-populate my year-month headline, and *then*
I could capture my individual days to it. Anyway, give these a
reading:
- http://osdir.com/ml/emacs-orgmode-gnu/2012-08/msg00396.html
- http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2012-08/msg01174.html

Best regards,