Re: [O] Bug: dates in heading break beamer export

From: Daniele Pizzolli
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: dates in heading break beamer export
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 18:10:57 +0200

On 10/02/2013 05:55 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
Daniele Pizzolli writes:

Yes, I think is fair to drop the markup.

OK.

I would also think that this is safe default when nested markup is
bad.

Do you have an exhaustive list of such cases?

No, not really but I try to report them as soon I found them.  I do
want to replace latex entirely with org, so I will use it extensively
in the near future.

Maybe the exporter can emit a notice/warning.

That it dropped the markup?

Yes, I do not know if there is already a standard in reporting back
but I would go for something like "Latex-exporter: Warning: dropped
code markup at line XX of originalorgfile.org because it is not
supported by this exporter. More info at ..." or even a shorter one
can be fine to me.

Yes, sorry, I mixed two not-so-related problem. The beamer exporter do
not work with this code:

* title test[fn:1]
** section
*** subsection

[fn:1] text

Of course, that's a similar problem: footnotes are not allowed in
headlines. Though, in this case, it isn't possible to drop the markup.
What LaTeX code do you suggest?

Mmm, I think you are asking to the wrong person.  I do not know enough
about latex and its error reporting capabilities...

I would appreciate if the exporter does not break and/or a
notification to the user of the problem in and understandable
language, even for newcomers.

I know when latex do not know how to resolve some references put some
question marks... but I do not really know if this is the case to
follow this convention.

Regards,
Daniele