Re: [O] How To publish to markdown?

From: Rick Frankel
Subject: Re: [O] How To publish to markdown?
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 09:58:32 -0400

On 2013-10-17 06:41, Daniel Thom wrote:

i use a publish project which calls the function *org-html-publish-to-html*. I also need a project to publish to markdown syntax. But there is no function org-md-publish-to-md. Could someone explain me, how to publish to markdown? Export file by file works... but i need to publish round about 200 files....

Which version of Org are you using? The function
=org-mod-publish-to-md= was added on Sept 25th:

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
commit 5c2b0dac7f0d7ed3cd0a052ddca2386b1e8d90cb
Author: Carsten Dominik <address@hidden>
Date:   Wed Sep 25 08:53:59 2013 +0200

Add publishing capabilities to markdown backend

,* lisp/ox-md.el (org-md-publish-to-md): New function.

TINYCHANGE

Patch by Brice Waegenire
#+END_EXAMPLE

You can easily  define the function yourself if you don't want to
upgrade:

#+begin_src elisp
(defun org-md-publish-to-md (plist filename pub-dir)
"Publish an org file to Markdown.

FILENAME is the filename of the Org file to be published.  PLIST
is the property list for the given project.  PUB-DIR is the
publishing directory.

Return output file name."
(org-publish-org-to 'md filename ".md" plist pub-dir))
#+end_src