Re: [O] org-babel generated images and +ATTR_LATEX

From: Mark Edgington
Subject: Re: [O] org-babel generated images and +ATTR_LATEX
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 02:30:08 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Mike,

That does help -- when testing it, I found that the problem had more to do
with my header options than to do with the presence or absence of a #+NAME
line.  But still, with the header options I gave in my original example,
org-babel's behavior does seem strange (maybe buggy?) to me.  My working
code now looks like:

#+begin_src python :exports results :results file :eval no-export
    import matplotlib
    matplotlib.use('Agg')
    import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
    fig=plt.figure(figsize=(3,2))
    plt.plot([1,3,2])
    fig.tight_layout()
    figname = '/tmp/myfig.jpg'
    plt.savefig(figname)
    return(figname) # return this to org-mode
#+end_src

#+ATTR_LATEX: :float figure :placement [htb!] :width 0.38\textwidth
#+RESULTS:

Anyhow, something that wasn't clear to me about your example is how you make
the filename which is generated via org-babel-temp-file available for use
within the code-block?

Regards,

Mark