Re: [O] [RFC] Slight change to asynchronous export

From: Rick Frankel
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Slight change to asynchronous export
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 13:42:28 -0400

On 2013-10-29 04:35, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

Nicolas Goaziou writes:
At the moment, by default, external emacs process for asynchronous
export is called with:

/path/to/emacs -Q --batch -l org-export-async-init-file ... export stuff...

where `org-export-async-init-file' defaults to `user-init-file'. It is,
by default, not the same as calling "emacs", because of the "-Q".

That's a good thing, I'd say.  There is a lot of stuff going on in init
files that you most likely don't want done when firing Emacs off in the
background.  That is especially true of some site-init files that you
typically have no control over.

As I said, it wouldn't be worse than the current situation.

If you don't make this the default then no harm is done, I guess.

The whole point of this change is to change the default value. If
there's no interest in it, I won't bother making it.

I'm all for it. The current default is, IMHO, the worst of both worlds
since, by loading my init but leaving out site-lisp i end up w/ the
wrong org loaded (the one from the default distribution, not
site-lisp) unless I make explicit reference to the development org in
site-lisp.

For Aaron and others concerned about e.g, `server-start', it's easy to
check if emacs is not running in batch or, in the case of server
start, if emacs is running in a multi-window environment.

rick