Re: [O] org-insert-heading

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] org-insert-heading
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 23:53:54 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

>> Confirmed -- I quickly looked, it seems that `org-in-item-p' should do
>> a better job when preceeded by invisible text.
>
> I need to rewrite this function.
>
> Anyway, I'm not sure what you mean in your last sentence because, as
> a low-level function, its results shouldn't be affected by folding
> status of the document (I didn't follow the thread closely, though, and
> could be off tracks).

The problem is this one:

* Folded subtree...

^-{ Point here

then M-x org-insert-heading RET will *not* insert a heading if the
folded subtree is ending with a list, because `org-in-item-p' will
infer point is within a list.

So maybe `org-insert-heading' should be fixed instead, as a higher
level function, ignoring the folded content before the point?

--
 Bastien