Re: [O] More koma confusion: subject option

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] More koma confusion: subject option
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 15:15:54 +0100

James Harkins <address@hidden> writes:

> According to [1], "#+OPTIONS: subject:nil" should suppress printing
> the #+TITLE at the top of the letter. It seems that the previous bug
> prevents the expected line "\KOMAoption{subject}{untitled}" from being
> generated.

I cannot reproduce.

> Okay... so, what if I set "#+OPTIONS: subject:untitled"? Then I get
> something like:
>
> \KOMAoption{subject}{untitled}
> \setkomavar{subject}{The title}

As expected...

> .. and LaTeX prints "The title" in bold, above the salutation.
>
> If I remove the #+TITLE line (or comment it out), then the exporter
> assumes that the title should be the file name, minus the .org
> extension. This conflicts with [1], which claims that the default
> subject is an empty string.

No.  Title in inherited from ox-latex.el and thus works exactly as in
the LaTeX backend.  I don't know if I like this, as both subject and
title is defined in scrlttr2 (the latter in inaccessible from
ox-koma-letter).

Untitled is defined in KOMA-script and you didn't appreciate it's
meaning.  Try to compare subject:titeled to untiteled.  Hint:
(un)titled governs whether it says "subject: mysubject" or
"mysubject".

I think you want to /suppress/ subject-generation.  This is archived
with #+OPTIONS: subject:nil.

Here's an example working from emacs -q and git-emacs:

#+TITLE: A simple letter
#+CLOSING: Yours truly,
#+SIGNATURE: Jane

* Pre                                                              :noexport:
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(require 'ox-koma-letter)
(org-koma-letter-plug-into-ox)
(add-to-list 'org-latex-packages-alist '("AUTO" "babel" nil))
#+END_SRC

* opening
compare the above with =subject:nil=

* FROM                                                                 :from:
Some Street 1

* TO                                                                     :to:
John Doe

–Rasmus

--
Don't panic!!!