Re: [O] Opening an Org file slowed down

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] Opening an Org file slowed down
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 10:24:02 +0100

Hi Nicolas

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 11:19 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> So, it is a linear increase here. Have you disabled cache?

No, but in the meantime I found accidentally how to get linear and
bisected it to be related with how Org is loaded:

1) start GNU Emacs with -L pointing to Org and with -Q
2) choice:
   - for quadratic do: M-x org-mode
   - for linear do: M-x org-version
3) M-x elp-instrument-package RET org
4) C-x f 400.org
5) M-x elp-results

GNU Emacs 24.3.1 and 24.3.2, Org unpatched and make uncompiled
release_8.2.3c-291-gbe8a1a and today's release_8.2.3c-303-g5a2dabc.
The same happens if in 1) I add my local patches for Org and all my
customization which includes already some implicit level of loading
Org.

This is beyond my knowledge, can you reproduce it?

Michael