Re: [O] commit 5ea0228 has problem opening big org-mode file

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] commit 5ea0228 has problem opening big org-mode file
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 20:53:06 +0100

Nick Dokos writes:
> However, with your patch there is the opposite side of the coin: if you
> have a buffer in a mode derived from org (as in York's case), then doing
> C-c C-c on the options line will reset the mode to org, not to the
> derived one, right?

It would have done exactly that before your patch, so at least that
doesn't change anything.  If that is indeed a problem, then one would
either have to remember the mode-name, then call normal-mode and then
re-instate the mode that has been remembered (and hope for the best) or
check that the mode we ended up in is derived from org-mode.

I think the latter is general enough to cover the use-cases discussed so
far, so I've implemented it until someone finds a better solution.

But all these troubles seem to indicate that maybe it isn't a very
bright idea to simply re-initialize org-mode completely just to get the
local setup refreshed.

Regards,
Achim.