Re: [O] firefox bookmarks to org-mode

From: Kyle Machulis
Subject: Re: [O] firefox bookmarks to org-mode
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 17:38:54 -0800

While it's been a while since I've done this, I did get it working at least once, in a roundable way. I had a setup for bookmarking via org-protocol and keysnail (http://github.com/mooz/keysnail).

I set up org-protocol in firefox like the documentation said (though I remember it being REALLY finnicky, but this was well over a year ago so I can't remember exactly what the issue was). I made an org-capture template bound to w (hence the /w/ in the URL below), that would take the bookmark name and URL.

The keysnail setup looked like:

key.setGlobalKey(['C-c', 's', 'l'], function (ev, arg) {
  let wc = window.content;
  let d  = ev.target.ownerDocument;
  location.href="">   display.echoStatusBar("Saved " + d.title + " to org links buffer");
}, 'Save to org-mode capture', true);

So, not the most direct route, but it did the job. These days, I just use pinboard. Might be nice to make a pinboard to org exporter though. :)