Re: [O] Getting checkboxes in HTML output?

From: Rick Frankel
Subject: Re: [O] Getting checkboxes in HTML output?
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 10:14:14 -0500

On 2013-12-02 03:44, Sebastien Vauban wrote:
Hello,

Carsten Dominik wrote:
I agree, but couldn't think of any other way. There are 3 other
unicode options:

        1. A box with an X  (☒ U+2612 BALLOT BOX WITH X)
        2. A bare (unboxed) X (✗ U+2717 BALLOT X)
        3 A bare checkmark (✓ U+2713 CHECK MARK)

I  also found this character:

U+237B ⍻ not check mark

If you think one of those would work we could use it instead.

No, I don't think any of them does it.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checkbox:

╭──── Tri-state checkbox
│
│ Some applications use checkboxes that allow an indeterminate state in
│ addition to the two provided by a normal checkbox. This third state is │ shown as a square or dash in the checkbox, and indicates that its state
│ is neither checked nor unchecked. This is most often used when the
│ checkbox is tied to a collection of items in mixed states.
╰────

Something like [-] could be nice, then, as corresponds to the Org look
and feel.

Unfortunately, a symbol like this is unavailable in unicode and the
html checkbox is only two state. The only HTML solutions i've found
involve javascript and images rather than html checkbox (input)
elements.

rick