Re: [O] Handshake: Org-mode + Emacs releases

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Handshake: Org-mode + Emacs releases
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2013 17:33:04 +0530

> Hello,
>
> Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I am a bit apprehensive that (what you think as) essentials MAY get
>> missed in Vanilla Emacs proper.  So it would be good if you could
>> communicate with Emacs developers the Org-mode features that you want
>> packed in the upcoming Emacs release.  (If this is already communicated,
>> well and good)
>
> I am no maintainer so I cannot tell which Org revision should be merged
> with Emacs.

Just to clarify, I was interested in your comments as a developer who is
in-charge of org-element and ox & Co.  Essentially, I was asking a
convoluted question about the roadmap for features that you have taken
responsibility for vis-a-vis current Emacs release.

> (modulo some features that might be cherry picked from master) and
> would be the obvious safe choice for a quiet end of year.

Ok.  I am sure you will work this out with whoever is merging...

> FWIW, considering the 15 days time frame we have, I think 8.2.3 family
> is stable enough

> 8.3 release (i.e. built from master) has some interesting features, but
> may require more work from Org developers during pretest phase.

I take your answer to mean that you don't foresee anything substantial
to be added to the current feature set.

It's possible for you to buy time if you would like to see more
feature-lets added or stabilized.