Re: [O] Citations and references in ODT

From: Christopher Kotfila
Subject: Re: [O] Citations and references in ODT
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 07:35:23 -0500

On 01/10/14 13:10, Ken Mankoff wrote:
Hi,

I have export with references and bibliography working well in LaTeX
export. I'm now exporting to ODT, and wonder if there is reference and
bibliography support for this file format.

I've found this 2011 post saying "no"
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-07/msg00296.html

And this 2013 post saying "yes"
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-07/msg00969.html

But I'm not sure if that 2013 code is part of the latest ELPA
distribution, or if there is extra work to get it set up on my system.

Thanks,

    -k.

Hi Ken,

I have found this useful for converting latex export to doc[x]

#+NAME: tex-file
#+BEGIN_SRC elisp
(file-truename (org-latex-export-to-latex))
#+END_SRC

#+NAME: export-to-docx
#+BEGIN_SRC sh :results silent :var INFILE=tex-file
/usr/bin/pandoc -f latex -t docx --bibliography=references.bib --csl=iso690-numeric-en.csl -i $INFILE -o $(echo $INFILE | sed -e "s/tex$/docx/")
#+END_SRC

Of course it is not an "Org" solution, but as a hack it has been functional for me. placing this in an org file with :noexport: and executing the second code block should produce a latex export, then convert the export to docx using pandoc and what ever csl is specified (in this case iso690-numeric-en).

/Chris