Re: [O] odt exporter on mixed org setup

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [O] odt exporter on mixed org setup
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 08:53:50 +0100

Rustom Mody <address@hidden> writes:

> Just helped a friend to install and upgrade to latest org.
> Method summary:
> $ git clone
> $ make update
> combined with setup of load-paths
>
> Ended with: ox-odt cannot find factory style files
>
> I remember that I too had this problem
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-07/msg00341.html
> and it had recently disappeared.
>
> Checked that it comes back it I use emacs23; goes away if I use emacs24
> Checked that the messages when it works in emacs24 are like thus:
>
> Debug (ox-odt): Searching for OpenDocument styles files...
> Debug (ox-odt): Trying /usr/share/emacs/etc/org/styles/... [2 times]
> Debug (ox-odt): Trying ~/pdsw/etc/styles/...
> Debug (ox-odt): Trying ~/pdsw/org-mode/lisp/etc/styles/...
> Debug (ox-odt): Trying /usr/share/emacs/24.3/etc/org/...
> Debug (ox-odt): Using styles under /usr/share/emacs/24.3/etc/org/
> Debug (ox-odt): Searching for OpenDocument schema files...
> Debug (ox-odt): Trying /usr/share/emacs/etc/org/schema/... [2 times]
> Debug (ox-odt): No OpenDocument schema files installed
>
> So evidently my 'working' odt export is working because its using the
> builtin emacs odt exporter and not the latest one
>
> Looking at org-odt-* stuff I see almost a dozen files and directories
> and file lists and what not.
>
> All attempts so far at doing
>          (setq org-odt-styles-dir "~/pdsw/org-mode/etc/styles")
> in various places, hooks etc have not changed the fact that it gets
> the builtin one

I did have problems with that one as well.  Setting this in .emacs
worked for me, though.  But it was not considered the 'definite'
solution back then [fn:1].

Regards,
Andreas

Footnotes:

[fn:1]
See here:
http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=m21u3b5a3j.fsf%40uio.no

Quote:
,----
| > That was the correct pointer.  org-odt-styles-file is indeed nil,
| > and org-odt-styles-dir is pointing to the wrong directory!  I
| > gather that it is derived from org-odt-styles-dir-list.  That
| > list contains the correct directory, but only at the third
| > position. (...)
| > Isn't that supposed to be set automagically during the install process?
|
| It is set when ox-odt is loaded, ultimately based on info from the
| install, I guess, but making a number of guesses about other possible
| locations to look. Org-odt-styles-dir will then look for the first
| directory in the list that contains the two required files
| (OrgOdtStyles.xml, OrgOdtContentTemplate.xml). The order of the
| directories listed shouldn't matter, as long as you don't have more than
| one directory containing files with the right names. Not sure I can help
| with this.
|
| > I have now a
| > (setq org-odt-styles-dir
"/home/andreas/local/emacs/org-mode-install/etc/styles")

`----