Re: [O] org-mode + icicles, avoid key binding redefinitions?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: Re: [O] org-mode + icicles, avoid key binding redefinitions?
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 14:56:50 -0800 (PST)

>   * Sequences consisting of `C-c' followed by any other punctuation
>     character are allocated for minor modes.  Using them in a major
>     mode is not absolutely prohibited, but if you do that, the major
>     mode binding may be shadowed from time to time by minor modes.
>
> That's pretty clear to me.

To me too.  It's not absolutely prohibited.  If a major mode does
not mind having its binding shadowed, it can use a key allocated
for minor modes.

So yes, it's not a bug.  It might not be a great choice, but it
doesn't break anything.  Minor-mode bindings take precedence, so it
is the major-mode binding that gets shadowed.  If that's not a
problem for the major mode, no problem.