Re: [O] Quotes for LaTeX export

From: Michael Strey
Subject: Re: [O] Quotes for LaTeX export
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 12:31:40 +0100

Hi Laurens,

address@hidden writes:

[...]

> The preferred way to do that these days is, in the preamble:
>
> \usepackage{csquotes}
>
> ... and then later:
>
> \enquote{something}
>
> I think it would make sense to support this for org, and perhaps eventually
> make it default behavior. FWIW: I had no idea about this until it bit me
> when my LaTeX document suddenly had bogus quotes in it.

IMHO, it would be nice to have a customizable
org-export-user-smart-quote-alist as already mentioned by Rasmus.  This
would give the maximal flexibility to comply with this wish and similar wishes.

BUT in this concrete case, the problem can be tackled from the LaTeX
side as well.  Section 10.8 of the documentation of the csquote package
shows a way for documents with only one language:

\documentclass{...}
\usepackage[german]{babel}
\usepackage[babel=once]{csquotes}
\defineshorthand{"`}{\openautoquote}