Re: [O] Proposal/request for input: slidify export for html slides

From: Charles Berry
Subject: Re: [O] Proposal/request for input: slidify export for html slides
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 21:50:11 +0000 (UTC)

John Hendy <jw.hendy <at> gmail.com> writes:

> An interesting update on this. Aside from some image and code block
> stuff, the following works surprisingly well!
> - Export Org -> markdown (md)
> - Start an R session and `setwd("/path/to/file.md")`
> - Run `library(slidify)` and `author("deck")
> - Copy the deck/assets folder into the parent directory
> - Copy the header code from the resultant deck/index.Rmd file into
> exported .md file
> - Add three hyphens before each heading (headings are # Slide title)
> - Save the file as file.Rmd (vs. file.md)
> - From the R session, do `setwd("../")` (running `author("deck")`
> changes the working directory to deck/
> - Run `slidify("file.Rmd")`

[much deleted]

John,

You can put the header code into an MD export block (and ignore index.Rmd).
You can add '#+MD: ---' keyword lines to mark new slides.

Then you export to my.Rmd directly (using ravel) and run slidify("my.Rmd").

Graphics 'just work', but you have to mind the spacing to be sure the slides
render nicely.

The file slidify-example.org at

   https://github.com/chasberry/orgmode-accessories/

produces a minimal slidify slideshow with code, computed results, and graphics.

And it has some notes on org --> slidify using the md-knitr backend from
ox-ravel.

Ideally, a `md-slidify' backend would get written to automagically
produce the yaml header, separate slides based on headline levels, et
cetera. But that is a low priority right now.

HTH,

Chuck