Re: [O] another blog exporter

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] another blog exporter
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 09:48:48 +0100

Hi Robert,

Robert Klein <address@hidden> writes:

> I posted the latest three posts on http://www.xyzzy.de using
> ox-blog.

Neat, thanks!

> I can use #+ATTR_HTML, but I wasn't sure about using new attributes,
> e.g. :highlight and :lineno for source blocks.  I didn't want to pollute
> ATTR_HTML with things that are of no use for the HTML exporter.

You're right.

Somehow this calls for a way to let a backend use several affiliated
keywords.  For example you would have:

#+ATTR_HTML: :width 400px
#+ATTR_BLOG: :lineno t

and the exporter would take both into account, letting you to simply
export to HTML without the need to add redundant information.

Nicolas, did this cross your mind?  Or maybe this is already feasible?

> If you don't see a problem in #+ATTR_HTML, I'll happily change this.

No, that will pollute the HTML export (I don't expect anything weird
in the HTML output with unknown attributes, but the document will not
validate correctly, and this is confusing anyway.)

Thanks!

--
 Bastien