Re: [O] PATCH -- ox-latex.el . sideways figure in latex export

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] PATCH -- ox-latex.el . sideways figure in latex export
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2014 10:46:18 +0200

Hello,

Greg Tucker-Kellogg <address@hidden> writes:

> I think this covers it.  ":float sideways" now works for both tables and
> figures, but ":float sidewaystable" is kept for backwards compatibility.  I
> updated org.texi, and mentioned that the use of ":float sideways" will make
> the ":placement" option irrelevant.
>
> Attached are the two patches; the one from yesterday and the one that
> updates as described above.

Thank you. Here are a few comments.

> +The @code{:float} specifies the float environment for the table.  Possible
> values are @code{sideways},
> +(or equivalently @code{sidewaystable}), @code{multicolumn}, @code{t} and
> @code{nil}.  When unspecified, a table with
> +a caption will have a @code{table} environment.  Moreover, the
> @code{:placement}
> +attribute can specify the positioning of the float. Note: @code{:placement}
> is
> +ignored for sidewaystable.

In Texinfo, you need to add two spaces after a period.

Also, providing backwards compatibility for "sidewaystable" in code is
fine, but I don't think we need to talk about it anymore as an
alternative option in the documentation. If you feel uncomfortable about
it, I think it's better to add a footnote:

  Possible values are @address@hidden, the value was
  @code{sidewaystable}.  This is deprecated since Org 8.3.},
  @code{multicolumn}...

Also, could you provide a proper commit message, with "TINYCHANGE" at
its end. For more information, see

  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html

I think you can also merge both patches. But that's your call.

Nicolas Goaziou