Re: [O] (OT) How to follow a mailing list with very high activity (like

From: Martin Beck
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 08:09:01 +0000 (UTC)

M <Elwood151 <at> web.de> writes:

> This is off-topic, but I hope that someone can give me some good advice:
>
> During the last years, I'be become a real org-mode fan and I want to stay
> current and be active in the great org-mode community.
> I've subscribed to the orgmode mailinglist about 1,5 years ago and so I have
> >17.500 mails in my inbox.

Thanks to everybody for the great and interesting answers and insights!
I'll have to check the alternatives.

"inbox" - yes, I really subscribed to the mailing list with my private
e-mail adress, which means that I
get every single posting as an e-mail.
That makes 17.500 in the last 1.5 years...

Gnus looks interesting - it would for sure significantly
boost my geek-level, I'll see.
My current mail client Entourage 2004 will be replaced soon by
something else - Apple Mail, Gnus,
...?.
If anyone has tips for better applications for following such a list on
MacOS X, I'd be grateful to know.

I'll let you know how it went on...

Kind regards

Martin