Re: [O] setting left margin in PDF output of ORG file

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] setting left margin in PDF output of ORG file
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 14:01:58 -0500

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 5:29 AM, Michael Strey <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Please read
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canons_of_page_construction
> before changing anything in the layout of margins.
>
> The typical LaTeX classes are made thorougly with those classic rules of
> page construction in mind.

I have to ask: is whatever was once considered the golden ratio for
text-to-whitespace in printed material, or even used by Gutenberg
himself for proper typesetting considered relevant/best practice
today? Default Org -> LaTeX article looks *ugly as all hell* to me.
Other than theoretical principle, is there evidence that readers
prefer the look of the default LaTeX article sizing?

John