Re: [O] org-ref code

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] org-ref code
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 09:14:18 -0400

I think you are restricted to single characters. That key is used by reftex, so it would be a limitation in reftex. You can always define your own function with a key-binding for something specific.

John

-----------------------------------
John Kitchin
Associate Professor
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 11:39 PM, Andreas Reuleaux <address@hidden> wrote:
John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:

> with the most recent org-ref, it should be sufficient to put this in your
> init file:
>
> (org-ref-define-citation-link "textcite" ?I)
> (org-ref-define-citation-link "citeauthorfull" ?F)
>
> this will create a textcite link and create a reftex menu you select with
> the key I, and the other link with the key F. these should automatically be
> links, and have completion functions. These will get exported as
> \textcite{label} and \citeauthorfull{label}. The
> org-ref-define-citation-link function adds the link, creates the functions
> necessary, and adds the types to the right places.
>
> You do not need to do the manual additions unless you manually define the
> link like you did with org-add-link-type.

OK, I see, and works fine, thanks.

One minor thing: Am I restricted to single-letter keystrokes
above ? like:

  I    ---- (...?I)

I tried to get working something like

 C-r C-t

with something like this

  (... ?(kbd "C-r C-t"))

with no success, but I am unsure, if there is just something simple
missing like a quote or a backslash, or if it's just not possible
at this point.

-Andreas