Re: [O] BEGIN_LATEX_HEADER [cont]

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: [O] BEGIN_LATEX_HEADER [cont]
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 13:52:26 +0200

On 2014-06-20 at 04:50, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> I suggest to use existing solutions instead: configure
> `org-latex-classes'.

I'm all for using existing solutions, but cannot see how I might use
this to easily customize export differently for different documents when
large amounts of LaTeX preamble code is being used.

I for long have defined my own LaTeX class (fp.cls file). It is quite easy to handle options in there.
Now I use it in place of article or beamer etc.

\documentclass[slides]{fp}

for a beamer org document

\documentclass[exam]{fp}

for a pdf exam document

and so on.

I don't think that it is very effective to store a huge amount of TeX code in org documents.
You end up in cuting/pasting these headers lines in each line.

My $0.02

Fabrice