[O] How does org-babel-post-tangle-hook work?

From: Grant Rettke
Subject: [O] How does org-babel-post-tangle-hook work?
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 16:03:54 -0500

Hi,

In this document

http://orgmode.org/manual/Extracting-source-code.html#Extracting-source-code

the hook 'org-babel-post-tangle-hook is explained as

,----
| This hook is run from within code files tangled by org-babel-tangle.
Example applications could include post-processing, compilation or
evaluation of tangled code files.
`----

I know what a hook is and how to use them and where they run.

My trouble is that I don't understand what this documentation is saying.

Is it saying that if this hook exists in a file that was tangled by
org that it will be executed? If so does it only work for elisp files
or any kind of file?

Kind regards,

Grant Rettke | ACM, ASA, FSF, IEEE, SIAM
address@hidden | http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/
“Wisdom begins in wonder.” --Socrates
((λ (x) (x x)) (λ (x) (x x)))
“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop
taking it seriously.” --Thompson