Re: [O] Repeated tasks repeats even if the time stamp is commented

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Repeated tasks repeats even if the time stamp is commented
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 10:17:11 +0200

Hello,

Samuel Loury <address@hidden> writes:

> Thank you for the answer, do you know where I should look at to start
> investigating to fix the issue?

I think `org-add-planning-info' may be a good candidate, though I didn't
look closely into it.

One possible way to use `org-element-at-point' is something like the
following

  (let ((element (org-element-at-point)))
    (when (eq (org-element-type element) 'planning)
      ...))

Then it is sure to be on a planning line. Storing ELEMENT also gives you
a lot of information without further parsing.

Also, when you need to find the next object of a given type, the usual
construct is

  (catch 'exit
    (while (re-search-forward some-regexp nil t)
      (let ((context (org-element-context)))
        (when (eq (org-element-type context) expected-type)
          (throw 'exit some-value)))))

It is useful to find, e.g., a timestamp within a section.

Nicolas Goaziou