Re: [O] Evaluating inline source blocks on export issue

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [O] Evaluating inline source blocks on export issue
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 11:14:31 +0100

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Grant Rettke <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Thanks for looking Thomas and Nick.
>>
>> When I set this and export
>>
>> ,----
>> | (setq org-export-babel-evaluate t)
>> `----
>>
>> I get the expected result of
>>
>> ,----
>> | Here is a `16', stuck in the middle of some prose.
>> `----
>>
>> But when I do this and export
>>
>> ,----
>> | (setq org-export-babel-evaluate 'inline-only)
>> `----
>>
>> I get this output which is not what I expected
>>
>> ,----
>> | Here is a , stuck in the middle of some prose.
>> `----
>>
>> I thought that I was enabling inline code block execution correctly
>> and making the inline call correctly.
>>
>> How does it look should it be doing what I had wanted?
>>

> I don't think you can: the `type' (see below) of the inline code is not
> `inline' as one might think at first, but `lob', presumably because
> call_foo is defined in the library-of-babel.
>
> The relevant code is in ob-exp.el:org-babel-exp-results:
>
> ,----
> |   (when (and (or (eq org-export-babel-evaluate t)
> |              (and (eq type 'inline)
> |                   (eq org-export-babel-evaluate 'inline-only)))
> |          (not (and hash (equal hash (org-babel-current-result-hash)))))
> `----

Then I would like to turn this into a feature request:  Enable
inline-block-specific settings.

This does not only hold for the evaluation, but also for default header
arguments.  Different settings for inline code are quite useful.  I do
have to specify [:results raw] on the block-to-block basis quite a lot
and would benefit a lot from global inline-specific settings.

As always, point me to the way to do it, if (quite likely) this is
possible already.

Regards,
Andreas