[O] [BUG] in `org-element-interpret-data'

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: [O] [BUG] in `org-element-interpret-data'
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 11:15:14 +0200

Hi List,

when interpreting Org elements (type src-block) I frequently encounter
the case that the '#+end_src' delimter is not placed on a newline but
rather attached to the src-block's value without a linefeed in between.

I then have to append a "\n" to the src-block value to make things work,
but thats not a nice thing and causes problems in other places. The "\n"
should be set by the framework.

I think adding something like this at the end of the
interpreter-function could solve the problem, but this came out of
try-and-error only:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(((
 [...]
 (org-escape-code-in-string value)
 ;; check for newline
 (save-match-data
  (if (looking-at "^$") "" "\n"))
 "#+END_SRC")))
#+end_src

The problem seems to appear a bit randomly, but using my new function

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
;; might become `org-element-create'
(defun* tj/create-element (&optional insert-p &rest args &key (type 'headline)
&allow-other-keys)
  "Create Org element, maybe insert at point."
  (let ((strg (org-element-interpret-data
               (list type args))))
    (if insert-p (insert strg) strg)))
#+end_src